Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive treatment that uses a special applicator to gently sand away the thick, uneven outer layer of skin. Another technique includes spraying fine particles of aluminum oxide or sodium bicarbonate with a vacuum/suction to accomplish the same goal. Microdermabrasion is used to renew skin tone and texture and is considered a safe procedure for most skin types and colors.
The entire staffs were professional, courteous and friendly. My instructions were very clear.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, “Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.” The benefits of microdermabrasion include:
- 1. Improve age spots and black heads
- 2. Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
- 3. Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- 4. Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- 5. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- 6. Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- 7. Treat acne and the scars left by acne